Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Same Thing Every Night

And i reallized why was fascinated with irrationality and altered states
I knew there was something more
But then i realized I couldn't reach it that way
And I wanted to dedicate my life to that something more
in a way that would be worthy of it
in a way that would respect its inherent irrationality, and otherworldliness
in a way i couldn't explain
But I had a resolve that allowed me to understand patience and humility
there was hope to meet that something more
in a word
beauty
but people don't get it
and then i thought of people
it was in them too
and i knew i could see it there
other places too
red leaves
minor notes on a violin
pictures
we could go on


2 comments:

  1. The yearning and journey; they are eternal. Some people do get it. Isn't that what faith is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment. i realize this was posted awhile ago, but I like what you had to say. Yes, I think faith is a good word here, but also, that we realize that faith means our experience of the world is sometimes cut off from an otherworldy experience.

      Delete